Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Playing the Game!

This past week I had the pleasure of playing part of the game I created to help people learn about the Constitution of the United States, Declaration of Independence and Founding Fathers. It was a room with great people. We had a ball playing the game, however, at the end, after the meeting was over, a lot of people came up to me and admitted how sad they were because they didn't know the Constitution as well as they should.
Some were a little ashamed that I as a foreigner knew a lot more than they did. And they were born here. Grew up with it...learned it in school.
I was sad and ecstatic. Why? Because people were not happy that they didn't know, they were touched and didn't like it.
The Constitution is hard to read and understand, it gives us many rights...and duties. The Declaration of Independence is one of the most powerful, emotional and loving documents ever writen. The Founding Fathers were men of strong opinion, lovers of Freedom and committed to their cause; to see our Nation free, strong and a people that loved being Americans!
My invitation to you is this; take some time and read through the Constitution and Declaration of Independence. If you have to get the dictionary out, do!
See how much love those men had for you and I, before we were born! They knew we would stand as Americans in this beautiful land, blessed beyond measure. They thought it was important that we be free to enjoy it. How about you, do you think we should be free to enjoy it? I think so!

No comments:

Post a Comment